Kings Lynn - Vocational Learning Hub
16 - 18 Study Programme
Our Study Programme is aimed at 16 to 18 year olds, or 19+ with and EHC plan, and is designed to provide you with a structured and challenging learning programme that supports your development and progression in line with your career plans.
Our Study programmes is individually tailored and can combine the elements below:
- A City and Guilds Certificate in Employability Skills (L1 or L2)
- Work Experience Placements with local employers
- Work Preparation Qualification
- Functional English
- Functional Maths
- Functional ICT
- GCSE Maths or English Retakes (for those with a grade 3 and studying full time)
- Youth Social Action activities within the local community
- Vocational Qualifications
- Personal Development
- Work behaviours and attitudes development
You will have an personalised programme of study planned out for you at the start of your programme. This is decided in the first few weeks and will depend on your starting point, career aspirations, and your prior achievements at school or college. The length of your programme will also depend on these factors.
We can offer work experience in a wide variety of employment sectors, from Accountancy to Zoo Keeper we will work with you to find a suitable work experience placement to help you explore future career goals and aspirations.
Work experience is a key element of our study programme and will be planned with you to take account of your needs and interests. The term work experience refers to all forms of work-related activity including work tasters, running a student enterprise, participation in social action, volunteering or a work placement taken with a local employer. It aims to give you the opportunity to develop your career choices, get a first taste of work, and develop employability skills needed for real working conditions. You are expected to undertake work experience or work-related training as part of your study programme.
- No course fees for you to pay.
- You will learn, develop and maintain key skills such as English, maths and digital skills.
- An opportunity to gain a qualification in employability skills.
- An individualised programme to support your progression to next steps, this might be an apprenticeship, employment or further education and training.
- An opportunity to explore different work place setting and gain experience whilst deciding on your next steps.
- Expert advise and guidance from Nova Staff.
- You will attend your local Nova Training Centre each week for training and support towards qualifications.
- You may also have a weekly work experience placement in a vocational setting of interest
- You will have monthly reviews with a Nova Training staff member to monitor your progress and achievements.
- Bespoke CEIAG to support you to make the right decisions with regards to your future career goals.
Length Of Programme
This can vary depending on your starting point, individual needs and qualifications registered for.
Our specially trained staff will support you onto your next steps, this might be an apprenticeship, employment or further education and training.
Don't wait any longer, let your next move be the best one you make this year... join Nova Training and start your journey to a bright future.
Download our guide to Study Programme:
This activity is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF). ESF supports activities to extend employment opportunities and develop a skilled workforce.